TAG | Consultants
NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE SCHEME
CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS, ABUJA
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE CONDUCT OF BASELINE SURVEY IN TWELVE STATES BENEFITING FROM THE NHIS-MDG/MATERNAL & CHILD
HEALTH INTERVENTION PROJECT
- The National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) is collaborating with the Office of the Senior specialist Assistant to the President on the Millennium Development Goals (OSSAP-MDGs) to fund an MCH intervention Project in select States. The Project is aimed at significantly reducing the children under five and maternal morbidity and mortality indices in the country, towards achieving the Millennium Development Goals 4 and 5. The Project is currently being implemented in twelve States comprising of Niger, Imo, Oyo, Sokoto, Gombe, Bayelsa, Bauchi, Cross River, Jigawa, Katsina, Ondo and Yobe,
- The NHIS is desirous of conducting Baseline Survey in these states for the purpose of generating baseline data for Project monitoring and impact Evaluation,
- The NHIS thus seeks to engage competent consultancy firms with good track record and relevant experience to conduct baseline survey in the benefiting States mentioned above. It is expected that a read consultant (LOT 1) will coordinate and drive the entitle process, while six other zonal consultants (LOTS 2 – 7) shall each take responsibility for the conduct of the survey in their zones as detailed in Section E.
- The aim of the study is to generate baseline data on the status maternal and child health, including existing MCH services and current burden (out-of-pocket expenditure) in accessing these services in 36 LGAs across the twelve states benefiting from the project
The specific objectives are:
- i. To determine maternal and child health status of women in the reproductive age group and children aged less than five years in the 36 LGAs,
- ii. To assess coverage with key maternal and child health interventions.
- iii. To determine infant and under-live mortality rates.
- iv. To assess maternal mortality rate.
- v. To assess maternal and child health services resource availability and utilization.
- vi. To assess the current burden (in terms of out-of-out-of-pocket expenditure) in accessing available MCH services.
Lot1: Lead consultant
Lot2: Zonal Consultant (SW) – Oyo and Ondo States
Lot 3; Zonal Consultant (SE/NC) – Imo and Niger States
Lot 4: Zonal Consultant (SS) – Cross River and Bayelsa States
Lot5: Zonal Consultant (NW) – Sokoto and Katsina States
Lot 6: Zonal Consultant (NE) – Yobe and Gombe States
Lot 7: Zonal Consultant (NW/NE) – Jigawa and Bauchi States
- Methodology: for the purpose of achieving a good Impact Evaluation, the prospective Lead Consultants must ensure that their methodology design recognizes the need for a valid counterfactual and therefore, treatment and control groups will be required for the conduct of the baseline survey,
- G. Scope of Work
The lead Consultant Is expected:
- To design the methodology, work plan and tools/instruments for the conduct of the survey in the twelve States.
- To work with the six zonal consultants in reviewing, pretesting and finalizing all tools/instruments for the conduct of the survey in the zones.
- To coordinate and supervise the entire activity in the twelve States.
- To ensure standardization of data collection, collation, analysts and interpretation in the twelve states.
- To work with the zonal Consultants in developing a comprehensive report of the survey, to be submitted to the NHIS on or before 26th April, 2010 after the completion of the survey. Zonal Consultants
The Zonal Consultants are expected
- To recruit and train field officers for the effective conductor the survey in their Zones.
- To ensure collection of quality data, its collation analysis and interpretation.
- To produce a detailed report of the survey for their respective Zones and to submit same to the Lead Consultant on or before 26th April, 2010 after the completion of the survey,
- To work with the lead consultant in developing a final report, to be submitted to the NHIS on or before 26th April, 2010 of completion of the survey.
- H. Requirement
Expression of Interest from interested consultancy firms should be submitted with the following documents:
- i. Evidence of registration or incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- ii. Current Tax Clearance Certificate.
- iii. VAT certificate
- iv. Profile of the company including details of its Directors/Management, total staff strength, competences, expense and experience
- v. Verifiable evidence of relevant experience in baseline survey and other relevant projects
- vi. Evidence of financial viability and bank reference.
- vii. Evidence of the company’s audited accounts for the last three (3) years
- Submission of Documents
Interested consultancy firms that fulfill the above requirements should submit five copies of their Expression of interest in a sealed envelope marked: NHIS-MDG/MCH/BASIUNE SURVEY not later than 11:30am (Nigeria local time) on or before Monday, 12th April, 2010. This should be addressed and delivered to:
The Head, Procurement Division
National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS)
Plot 297, Shehu Yar’adua Way
Only shortlisted consultancy firms will thereafter be contacted to collect the Terms of Reference (TOR), which will form the basis for the submission of detailed proposal, including financial implications. Short fisted Lead Consultancy firms may be required to make a presentation to the NHIS management
Shortlisted Consultancy firms shall be required to pay a non-refundable processing fee of Fifty Thousand Naira (N50, 000.00) before collecting tenders documents.
Submissions should be made on or before 11 ;30am April 12th, 2010 The documents will be opened on Monday 12th April, 2010 at 12:00 noon in the NHIS Board Room, Representative of companies are advised to be at the opening. The National health insurance scheme reserves the right to reject any or all submissions,
Head, Procurement Division
For: Executive Secretary
OSUN STATE AGENCY FOR COMMUNITY AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECT (OSUN CSDP) WORLD BANK ASSSITED.
ENGAGEMENT OF CONSULTANT FOR BASELINE SURVEY REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) Contract No.: OSUNCSDP/BS/10/001
The Osun State Government of Nigeria has received a credit from the international Development Association (IDA) through the Federal Government of Nigeria towards the implementation of the Community and Social Development Projects (CSDP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of the credit to payment under the contract for the engagement of a consultant for baseline studies in all the communities in the thirty Local Government Areas (LGAs) and one Area Office of Osun State.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The contract for the baseline survey is intended to ascertain the socio economic status of participating communities for the purpose of intervention and serve as a Comparative Impact Assessment (CIA) tool for project performance at the end of the project.
3. SCOPE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The Consultant is expected to visit all the 30 participating Local Government Areas and Ife East Area Office in Osun State and provide the following general and specific information.
- Identify the number of Communities and registered CDAs/CBOs within the LGAs.
- Determine the distance of each Community to the LG Headquarters and State Capital
- Describe in general terms, the population (disaggregated by gender), size and structure, settlement pattern, ethnic structure and cultural groups of the communities in the LGA.
- Evaluate average household size (family) disaggregated into gender/adult/ children.
- Describe the economic environment of the communities in the LGAs.
- Identify and describe the economic (formal and informal) institutions and their current roles in the community development activities.
- Determine soil and water quality and changes parameter within the LGAs
- Identify the sources of household income/economic activities.
- Provide other information as may be relevant to the social economic and physical development of the communities in the Local Government.
The Survey is expected to be concluded within ten weeks of commissioning the baseline survey contract.
5. SKILLS REQUIREMENT
The study is expected to be conducted by a Consulting Firm with personnel possessing requisite qualifications and experience in conducting rural baseline surveys.
Osun State CSDP hereby invites qualified firms to submit Expression of Interest (EOI) for the assignment, Interested firms must provide detailed company profile showing experience and competence.
METHOD OF SELECTION
Please note that a Firm will be selected under Consultant Qualification selection method and procedures in accordance with the policies of IDA detailed in the guidelines on selection and employment of consultant by World Bank- which can be found at website www.worldbank.org/procure .
The Expression of Interest, one (1) original and two (2) copies in a properly sealed envelope clearly marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR BASELINE CONSULTANCY” MUST be delivered to the address below on or before 18th March 2010 by 12 Noon,
The General Manager,
Osun State Agency for Community
And Social Development Project (OSUN CSDP)
P.M.B 4368 old Governor’s Office, Gbongan Road,
Osogbo, Osun State.
Yaba College of Technology
P.M.B. 2011, YABA,
INVITATION FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION FOR EDUCATION TRUST FUND (ETF) SPECIAL INTERVENTION PROJECTS
Applications are hereby invited from reputable and interested suppliers/contractors/consultants with, relevant experience and good track record for pre-qualification
- Contract Yct/yaba/etf-S1 /10/01-Construction of 7 storey building for academic staff offices, Seminar/workshop rooms and administration
- Contract YCT/YABA/ETF-SI/10/02 -Furnishing of 7-storey building
- Contract YCT/YAB/VETF-SI /10/03 A - Supply of Books of various titles and authors, E-Books, Audio Visual and Multimedia Equipment, and journals of various titles (local) into the College Library
- Contract YCT/YABA ETF-SI /10/03B Supply, Installation and Commissioning of shelves, Furniture, cabinets, book trolley, Bindery polar machine Kikalong step stools and book support to the library
- Contract YCT/YABA/ETF-SI /10/04 – Supply, installation Commissioning and deployment of interactive Teaching and Learning Platforms for 50 Model lecture rooms, spread across departments
- Contract YCT/YABA/ETF-SI /10/05 – Supply, installation and Commissioning of Equipment for the Department of Food Technology, including Training.
- Contract YCT/YABA/ETF-SI /10/06A – Supply, Installation and Commissioning of Equipment for Metallurgical Engineering Department
- Contract YCT/YABA/ETF-SI /10/06B – Supply, Installation and Commissioning for Computer Engineering Department
- Contract YCT/YABA/ETF-SI /10/06C – Supply, installation of Commissioning of Equipment for Electrical / Electronic Engineering Department
- Contract YCT/YABA/ETF/SI/10/06D – Procurement of Equipment for Industrial Maintenance and Mechanical Engineering Department
- Contract YCT/YABA/ETF-SI /10/07 Supply, Installation and Commissioning of Equipment for Center for Entrepreneurship Development.
- Contract YCT/YABA/ETF-SI /10/08A Reconstruction of Foundry
m. Contract YCT/YABA/ETF-SI /10/8B Supply and construction of high Voltage Demonstration Power Laboratory Equipment of Electrical/Electronic Department.
2. PRE-QUALIFICATION CRITERIA
- i. Only contractors/supplies/Consultants that have proven capability, relevant experience and good track record will be considered for pre-qualification to tender.
- ii. Company Profile and Organizational structure, including names, resumes and telephone numbers of key personnel.
- iii. Verifiable list of previous similar works successfully carried out within the last three years with names of clients, evidence of award and practical completion.
- iv. Evidence of incorporation of Company by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- v. Company Tax Clearance Certificates for the last three years
- vi. Evidence of registration with professional bodies (Applicable to Consultants)
- Equipment and technology capacity
- VAT ion and evidence of past VAT remittances
- ix. Experience /Technical qualification of key personnel with copies of certificates
- x. Audited Annual financial report of the company for the last three (3 ) years
- xi. Evidence of financial strength, credit worthiness and readiness to instruct bankers to supply financial information on the Company as may be required
- Evidence of community and social responsibility (if any)
- A sworn affidavit that none of the directors has been convicted in any country for any criminal offence including fraud or financial impropriety.
- A sworn affidavit indicating that all documents submitted are genuine and verifiable
- Bidders should accordingly include in their bid, a sworn affidavit indicating whether any other of Yaba College of Technology is a former or present director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the company.
- For Lot 01, only contractor that have constructed not less than five (5) five storey building need apply.
3. SUBMISSION OF PRE-QUALIFICATION
Bound pre-qualification documents in wax-sealed envelope with “Pre-qualification as Contractor / Supplier/Consultants as the ease may be written at the top left hand corner should be hand-delivered not later than 1 2noon on Friday, March 5, 2010 to:
Yaba College of Technology
4. OPENING OF PRE-QUALIFICATION BIDDERS
Pre-qualification envelopes will be opened at 12.30 p.m. Friday, March 5. 201 0 and interested members of the public especially the intending contractors/suppliers/consultants are hereby invited.
5. NOTIFICATION OF PRE-QUAULIFIED BIDDERS
Names of pre-qualified contractors/suppliers/Consultants will be displayed on notice board on Wednesday, March 10, 2010 by 1 2 noon.
6. COLLECTION OF TENDER
Pre-qualified contractors/suppliers/Consultants should note that they will be required to pay a non refundable fee of One hundred thousand naira (N100, 000.00) for Lot 01 as processing fee, twenty-five thousand naira only (N25.000.00) for one of other contracts or fifty thousand naira only (N50.000.00) for two contracts and one hundred thousand naira only (N100.000.00) for three or more contracts.
Tender documents for supplies and construction projects will be collected at the Physical Planning Unit, while Pre-qualified Consultants will be required to submit technical and financial proper sale for consideration
a) That by the submission of pre-qualification documents, Yaba College of Technology is neither committed nor obliged to award any contract to any contract/supplier or agent
b) That this advertisement for invitation to pre-qualification shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of the College, nor shall entitle any contractor/supplier/consultant to make any claims or whatsoever and or seek any indemnity from Yaba College of Technology.
c) That due diligence would be followed as all documents submitted would be verified and the past executed works and contractor’s offices shall be visited. Any discrepancies found would disqualify the contractor
Biekoroma C, Amapakabo
Registrar & Secretary to Council
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
COMMUNITY AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECT (CSDP) CONSULTING SERVICES, 4496-UNI, P090644
1. The Federal Government of Nigeria FGN has received a credit from the Development Agency IDA financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Community and Social Development Project CSDP, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultant services. The services include Carrying out a baseline Survey of Sample Communities in 20 LGA’s in Bauchi State to be concluded in Eight Weeks
2. OBJECTIVE OF THE SURVEY
The overall objective of the survey is to collate baseline information on sampled communities in the twenty LGAs to he considered for the exercise. This baseline is to assist in providing opportunities for intervention by the project and also to provide a basis for impact based comparison of pre and post project situation in the CSDP communities. Bauchi State community and Social Development Project wish to recruit a consultant to undertake the assignment in the sampled communities in the twenty (20) Local Government Areas.
The consultant is expected to visit the 20 Local Government Areas and obtain the following general information in respect of all the LGAs and the Communities:
- i. Name of LGA and Communities
- ii. Distance of community to the LGA. HQ and the State capital
- iii. Population of Community disaggregated into gender/adult/children/ethnicity /religion
- iv. Natural resources features such as land, water and forests.
- v. Occupation (cropping pattern, crops, yields, domestic animals such as sheep, goals, cattle and others)
- vi. Available infrastructure (schools, health centres, water supply, etc.)
- Average household size (family) disaggregated into gender/adult/children
- Average household income distribution
- ix. Sources of household income/economic activities
- x. Socio-cultural features that influence community economic development such as market days and frequency, local festivals and historic events
- xi. Existing village organizations such as CDAs, CBO etc.
The following specific information is to be provided:
- The economic environment of the communities in the LGAs. This should include but not limited to the economic activities, the social and cultural factors that influence economic development and sharing of common property resources, sources of livelihood of families and their income per capital, Specific attention should be placed on gender and vulnerable groups (men, women, youths, disabled, minorities, etc)
- Soil and water quality and changes in parameter within the local government fetch water e.g. streams, wells, boreholes etc and must be tested both at the field and in the laboratory
- Structure of formal and informal institutions and their current roles in community development activities.
- Agricultural production systems, cropping pattern, yields, household income and constraints to agricultural productivity
- Identify and assess status of resources (Land, forest, water etc.) within the LGAs and identify indicators that could be used to monitor changes.
- Availability and quality/condition of infrastructural facilities in all sectors such as Education Health, Water, Environment/Natural Resources, Rural Electrification, Socio-economic & Transport/Roads: All project types should be covered including those executed by Government, NGOs, the communities other developmental agencies
- Environment problems of concern to the community and mitigation measures being adopted
- Ranking of communities within an L.G.A on the basis of the availability and functionality of infrastructural facilities.
- Provide information on how to develop measurable indicators to be use in impact evaluation of r each sector.
- Prepare a comprehensive report on each of the communities by LGA based on the above
4. SKILLS REQUIREMENT
The study is expected to be conducted by a consultancy firm with personnel possessing reguisite qualification and experience in conducting rural baseline surveys. Each member of the team should have at least a minimum of five years post qualification experience. The team should include the following expertise:
(a) A Socio-economist Rural Economist/Rural Sociologist
(b) A Natural resources exert/Environmentalist and
(c) A hydro-geologist
In addition, the consultancy firm should work with the M&E Manager and staff in designing the questionnaire and also in reviewing the collected information for quality and consistency.
5. The Bauchi State Agency for Community and Social Development Project (BSACSDP) now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services, Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications
6 A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines; Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (current edition), Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 10.00 to 16.00 hours
7. Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by 12 noon, on or before 1st March 2010.
Bauchi State Agency for Community and Social Development Project (BSACSDP)
Attn: Abubakar Sadiq Mohammed
Bauchi State Agency for Community and Social
Development Project (BSACSDP)
No.4b Yandoka Road, PMB 098. Bauchi,
Bauchi State Nigeria
Tel: (+234) 08030934797
E- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE PRESIDENCY BUREAU OF PUBLIC PROCUREMENT (BPP)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EoI)
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT TO UNDERTAKE BASELINE PROCUREMENT RESEARCH AND SURVEY
As part of its efforts to carry out its functions as prescribed in the Procument Act 2007 part II, section 5 j, the Bureau of Public Procurement in collaboration with the World Bank Economic Reform and Governance Project intend to engage Individual Consultants to undertake a baseline Procurement Research and Survey in selected Federal Ministries, Departments and Agencies during 2010
TERMS OF REFERENCE
a) To conduct a detailed research/study, to ascertain the degree of compliance with the core objectives and provisions of the Public Procurement Act 2007, and to determine the level of implementation of the public procurement act, the existence and extent of application of approved procurement policies and procedures.
b) To determine the adequacy and effectiveness of existing procedures and standard bidding documents for Works, Goods and Services within the selected Federal Ministries, Departments and Agencies.
c) To identify challenges, constraints, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to the Public Procurement Act and recommend workable solutions to close identified gaps.
Scope: This Research and Survey will be conducted under the general of the Public Procurement Act 2007 and Civil Service Circulars relating to the practice of procurement within the MDAs and covering the detailed research and survey in the following key procurement processes amongst others
ü Needs Assessments
ü Design, Scoping and Specifications
ü Procurement Planning
ü Budget Appropriation
ü Procurement Methods
ü Advertisement/Invitation to tender
ü Bid Opening
ü Pre-Qualification of Bidders
ü Technical and Financial Bids Evaluation
ü Award Recommendations
ü Tenders Board Approvals
ü Project Executions
ü Disposal works
ü Post award Contract Administration
ü Project Monitoring and Evaluation
ü Submit detailed Report of Research and Survey Findings and Recommendations
This Research/Survey will be carried out using the existing documents and circulars as well as Frequently Asked Questions to be provided by the Bureau. For the purpose of this survey, interviews will be held with procurement officers or public officers within the BPP and selected MDAs and all other stakeholder
Requirements and Selection Criteria
To be considered, a consultant must have the following experience and competence:
- Minimum of first Degree or its equivalent
- Relevant experience of 8 years or more in the Procurement of goods, works and services
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the Public procurement Act 2007
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of Research and Survey Methodology
- Demonstrate ability to Gather, Analyse and Present Data
- Excellent reporting skills with proficiency in spoken and written English
- Demonstrate high standards of professionalism, ethics, integrity and the ability to work with minimum supervision and to deliver result on time
- Demonstrate ability in Technical Report Writing
- Submit verifiable evidence of previous procurement research and surveys or similar research/survey carried out in the past 5 years
- Submit Reports of such previous procurement research and surveys carried out
- Submit a detailed CV, including e-mail address, plus evidence of verifiable professional certification and accreditation.
- Submit a copy of Tax Clearance Certificate verifiable from Federal Inland Revenue Service (RRS)
Responsibility of the Client
It is expected that the Bureau of Public Procurement (The Client) will as much as possible provide assistance and support to the Consultants, including supply of all useful and available information/documentations that will facilitate the task and all and other information/documentations as may be requested by the Consultants to ensure speedy and successful completion of the task. The BPP will also provide all necessary backups that will ensure unhindered access to the relevant ministries and agencies. Any other reasonable
Support such as authorization letters to institutions concerned with the procurement process will also be provided to the Service Circulars consultant to facilitate the collection of data. The Consultants will be responsible for analysis of information/documents and for data interpretation.
The Consultants will report directly to the Programme Manager i.e. Director-General of the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP). The Consultants will also ensure regular consultations with the World Bank ERGP team during the period of the exercise and shall update them with the progress being made.
Three copies of Expression of Interest must be packaged in sealed envelopes clearly marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST AS A CONSULTANT TO UNDERTAKE PRQCUREMENT RESEARCH AND SURVEY” and addressed to Programme Manager, BPP-ERGP Team, Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP), and left in the appropriate Tender Box at 11, Suleiman Barau Street, State House, Abuja, within working hours on or before 12.00 noon on Friday, 5 March, 2010. All Eol will be opened immediately after the deadline in the Bureau’s conference room in the presence of bidders in attendance.
Please note that:
- Only short-listed consultants will be invited for further consideration
- Late Submission shall be rejected
- This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of BPP to appoint any consultant, nor shall it entitle any consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from BPP
- BPP reserves the right to take final decision on any of the documents received in your proposals
For any further enquiry, please send a text to: 08138377013 or e-mail: email@example.com
Dr. Abiodun Adeniyi
Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP).