Development and Customization of Management Information Systems at SFH
Society for Family Health
Call for Bid
Development and Customization of Management Information Systems Using District Health information System Software (DHISv2.0
The Society for Family Health (SFH) is a non- profit, non-governmental Organization providing information, services and affordable products to people in Nigeria. SFH deploys behavior communication strategies using social marketing techniques to motivate and empower the poor and vulnerable to adopt healthy behaviors. SFH currently runs programmes in HIV and AIDS, Malaria, Reproductive Health, and Maternal and Child Health. In addition, the Society for Family Health was recently chosen as one of the three Principal Recipients for the Global Fund Round 8 Malaria in Nigeria for the private sector in all the 36 states of the country and the FCT.
SFH currently needs a robust management information system that would harmonize the multiple data systems currently in use within the organization and facilitate prompt and convenient access to data within SFH for decision making, The preference is for a web-based system for ease of access irrespective of location, The system will facilitate timely collection and analysis of data from the field, thus providing staff with data necessary to plan effectively and make informed decisions.
SFH hereby requests for bids from recognized Information technology /Software companies for the development and customization of a management information system for the organization. The successful company must ensure that the database is compatible and can feed into the National Malaria Control Programme (NMCP) and Nigerian National HIV Response Information Management Systems (NNRIMS) databases as well as other national information management systems. The database should have the potential to be interfaced with any GIS software that allows data to be presented as thematic maps or analyzed further in Geographical Information System software.
Main activities under this contract will include:
- Installation of DHISv2,0 on the SFH platform for collation of programme data.
- Customization of DHIS Software for data entry at the facility/local government level for all 36 states and the FCT.
- The training of database administrators within SFH to manage the database
- Supporting the step down training for all users.
- Managing and maintaining the database for at least a year before handover to SFH.
- Develop a protocol indicating the procedure to be followed in to enter data into the DHIS database at facility regional, zonal and national levels
Method of Application:
Bids must contain the following:
- Certificate of registration as a Company in Nigeria
- Past/current similar jobs undertaken
- A demonstration CD of MIS software (of relevance to this bid) developed in the past by the company
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae of staff to accomplish the tasks
- Detailed financial costs
Interested bidders are expected to provide detailed financial quotations for the design, installation and management of the MIS software as described above and also to include bid validity period.
Bids should reach the address below on or before 10th February 2010. The bid, in sealed envelope (s), should be clearly labeled ‘CFB-MIS-2010’ and forwarded to:
The Associate Director
Procurement and Supply Management
Society for Family Health
8, Port Harcourt Crescent
Area 11, Garki, Abuja
- Late bids will be rejected
- Electronic bids are not allowed
- Cost of submissions of bids are not reimbursable
- This call for bid shall not be construed to be a commitment on the part of SFH to award any form of contract to any respondent nor shall it entitles any organization to claim any indemnity from SFH