Re-Roofing, Building and other Remedial Works at UBEC ABUJA
UNIVERSAL BASIC EDUCATION COMMISSION
UBEC BUILDING, 7 GWANI STREET, OFF IBB WAY. WUSE ZONE 4, ABUJA
ADVERT No; UBEC/PU/OZO/INT/SER/2455/2010
INVITATION FOR SUBMISSION OF BIDS FOR RE-ROOFING OF
UBEC ABUJA HEADQUARTERS BUILDING AND OTHER
REMEDIAL WORKS (3 STOREY BUILDING).
1. In compliance with the Federal Government guidelines on public procurement and award of contracts, the Universal Basic Education Commission invites sealed bids from competent building or civil engineers, contractors and other service providers for the re-roofing of UBEC Headquarters building and other remedial works as shown below:
2. The requirements and the scope of work are as follows:
- Removal of existing roof members and roof covering
- Demolition and leveling of paraphet walls
- Removal of skylight
- Casting of concrete levels roof beam and concrete eaves
- Filling of different levels of block work
- Construction of new roof i.e. provision of roof members and roof covering
- Remedial ceiling works
- Remedial painting works
- Cleaning and carting away of debris from site
Specifications are as in the unpriced Bills of Quantity (BoQs)
Prospective building or civil engineers and contractors should put as part of their submissions or bids the following key requirements:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission
- Evidence of Tax Clearance Certificates for three years (2006,2007 and 2008)
- Company profile with details of key staff to be deployed for the proposed work.
- Evidence of financial capability from a reputable bank
- Evidence of similar contracts executed showing documentary evidence of award, pictorial evidence of previous work done within the period 2006, 2007 & 2008.
- Audited financial statement from reputable Audit firms for 200, 2007 & 2008
- Evidence of payment of pensions and social security contributions
3. COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Interested engineers and contractors should collect Tender documents from the
Procurement Unit, Office of the Executive Secretary at the Universal Basic Education Commission, No, 7 Gwani Street, Wuse Zone 4, Abuja after the payment of a non refundable fee in banker’s certified draft of N5,000.
4 SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS,
The bid documents should be sealed and labelled (Technical and Financial Bids) separately in the two envelopes put in another envelope that should be sealed and labelled, “Bids for re-roofing of UBEC building Abuja and other Remedial work”. Note that the bid document should be submitted in two copies, one ‘original’ and one ‘copy’ for both the technical and financial bids.
Any submission which combines both technical and financial bid as one document will be rejected.
All pages of the bid should be duly endorsed by the bidders Completed bid documents should be submitted at the Procurement Unit, Office of the Executive Secretary at the Universal Basic Education Commission, No. 7 Gwani Street, Wuse Zone 4, Abuja, 9.00am4prn, Mondays- Fridays.
All submissions must be received at the above mentioned address on or before 11 00 noon on March 17th, 2010. The bids will be opened at 12noon the same day in presence of representatives of the bidders.
Head of Procurement
For: Executive SecretaryTags: ABUJA, Government, Government