Execution of Projects at FEDERAL MINISTRY OF POWER
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF POWER
SELECTION OF CONSULTANCY FIRMS FOR THE STUDY AND DESIGN, ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT OF THE DEVELOPMENT AND CONSTRUCTION OF COAL POWER PLANTS AT DIFFERENT LOCATIONS NATIONWIDE
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The Federal Government of Nigeria, in its 2010 Budget Proposal has provided Funds through the Federal Ministry of Power, for the Development and Construction of Coal Power Plants at different locations nationwide through Public Private Partnership (PPP) arrangements, The Ministry therefore, Intends to apply part of this fund to engage competent Consultancy Firms to carry out the following services:
Lot A -Up date of Feasibility studies and Engineering Designs and preparation of Contract documents;
Lot B - Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
2. The various work streams entailed in the Consultancy Services will be elaborated in the Request for Proposals (RFPs) that will contain the Terms of Reference for the assignment.
PRE-QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
3. The requirements for pre-quantification for the Expressions of Interest from prospective consulting firms are as follows:
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation with CAC and Forms Co7 for Nigerian firms.
- Full name and nationality (company of registration) of the Company and contact person, postal address, telephone number(s) as well as e-mail address for international companies,
- Details of ownership structure of the company, number of years in core business.
- Summary of similar projects/assignments executed or under execution by the firm,
- Curriculum Vitae of individual Consultants/Staff.
- Who will be assigned to the requested service (s), Including qualification individual experience in handling assignment and attestation of availability.
- Evidence of experience in concession operations
- Demonstrate legal, and Administrative Capacity.
- Audited financial statement for 2006, 2007 and 2008 for Nigerian Firms.
- Evidence of Tax Clearance Certificate for 2007, 2008 and 2009 for Nigerian Firms
- Evidence of Firm’s Registration with COREN or its equivalent for International Firm and NES (for EIA only).
- Evidence of Firm’s accreditation with the Federal Ministry of Environment accreditated Laboratory (for EIA only).
4. Firms will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the BPP Standard Request for Proposals (RFP) for the selection of Consulting firms January 2008.
SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (EOIs)
5. The Expressions of Interest (EOIs) must be submitted in six (6) copies including one (1) original in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Expression of Interest FOR ANY Of THE LOTS” and delivered on or before 1500hrs Nigerian time (1600GMT), on 5th April 2010 to the address below:
Ministerial Tender Board
Federal Secretariat Complex
Phase 1, Annex III, 3rd Floor, Room 347
6. Only pre-qualified consulting firms will be invited to collect Request for Proposals (RFPs) for any of the project Lots.
Interested firms may obtain further information from the address below:
The Director Power Department
Federal Secretariat Complex
Phase 1, Annex III, 3rd Floor, Room 332
Permanent SecretaryTags: ABUJA, Government, Government