CONTRACT FOR – ONSHORE (C1) at NipeX
TOTAL E&P NIGERIA LIMITED
Operator of the NNPC/TEPNG Joint Venture
INVITATION FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION FOR CALL OFF CONTRACT FOR – ONSHORE (C1) – GEOTECHNICAL INVESTIGATION WORKS
Total E & P Nigeria Limited (TEPNG) invites interested and reputable contractors with suitable equipment, technical capacity and relevant experience to apply for pre-qualification for consideration to tender for Geotechnical investigation in their work locations and sites.
2. Brief Outline Description of the Scope of Services.
The works are planned to be executed on call off basis (as need arises) and for about 3 years. The Contractor shall be able to carry out geotechnical investigation works as summarised below:
- Site preparation – Bush clearing, Topographical Surveys etc
- Mob & Demob of Equipment including Radio Communication, Lab Equipment, CRT etc.
- Field work – Boreholes (soil sampling & water), CPTUs, Vane tests
Test Pits, cross holes, etc.
- Laboratory testing
- Analysis of results and reporting
3. Pre-qualification Documents
To Qualify for consideration, contractors are required to supply two (2) sets of the following documentation with the specific chapters, separated by dividers, in the same order as set out here below (a) to (d):
A separate section summarizing the contents chapter by chapter of the pre-qualification document
(a) Statutory/Legal Issue:
- i. Evidence of contractor’s registration in Nigeria certificate of incorporation), Nigerian Contractor’s legal status and profile including Nigerian shareholding and details of any formal technical support agreements with foreign contractors.
- ii. Contractor’s general structure and onganisation, including the branch dedicated to such civil works activities.
- iii. in case of joint venture with, attach copy of the joint venture .agreement, and details of the interest of each of the joint venture partners and the role of each party shall be clearly indicated.
- iv. Copy of relevant Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) Certificate of Registration for year 2007 Special Category A.
- v. Qualifier’s audited accounts for the past three (3) years and tax clearance certificate (2004/2005/2006).
vi. Nigerian Content:
Bidder must comply with Federal Government Directives on Nigerian Content. Evidence of Nigerian Local Content strategy/plan and training schemes, in particular, Contractor shall provide staffing plans, training programmes, plans for locally sourced materials and services. Pre-qualifiers are to note that evidence of a Nigerian Content strategy/plan is a compulsory prerequisite for all Tenderers. In line with this, Tenderers are required to ensure that information on the following is included in their submission, to show their level of compliance with Federal Government Directives on Nigerian Content Development policy.
- Ownership Structure (percentage Nigerian/Foreign)
- Percentage of the Company Nigerian workforce that are in management positions.
- Proposed utilization of Nigerian resources (Manpower, Services through subcontracting where applicable, Equipment and Materials, etc.) in order to achieve the Federal Government Target of 70% by 2010 in terms of monetary value of this CONTRACT.
- Evidence of significant growth capacity building (human/infrastructure) in Nigerian existing over the past 3 years.
- Expected estimate in-country retention of the services by contractor (TEPNG’s target for in-country retention is 90%. However, contractors can proposed their estimate.
(b) QA/QC & HSE:
- i. Details of company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy and Programme together with HSE Management System. HSE considerations on site and throughout the requirement are part of contractor’s responsibility and Contractor must have proven methods for eliminating risks associated with its own scope of services and all interfaces with others. These methods must be clearly indicated.
- ii. Details of contractor’s Community Affairs Policy/Plan, Programme and records for the past three (3) years.
- iii. Safety records detailed for accidents, injuries, damages and summarised for near-misses, LTI, for the past three (3) years.
- iv. Quality Assurance System certified ISO 9000 or equivalent.
(c) Technical Details:
- i. i Description and technical specifications of equipment including laboratory facilities that will be utilised in the execution of the work currently owned by contractor, with proof of ownership/current licences.
- ii. Technical expertise / resume of key personnel to be involve in the services.
- iii. Details of relevant verifiable experience of similar services that bidder has undertaken as main contractor in the last five (5) years, inside or outside Nigeria. This is mandatory
- iv. Reference of three major customers that can be contacted for information / reference. Attach copies of Final completion Certificates of jobs undertaken valued above ten million Naira (N10, 000,000) or its dollar equivalent.
- v. All relevant information concerning contacts, telephone, fax, e-mail of the representative, and proof of available office resources, (laboratory inclusive), etc to support your operations
Failure to provide any of the listed documents or information may automatically disqualify the contractor. Notwithstanding, the submission of this documentation, TEPNG is neither committed nor obliged to include any contractor on the tender list or award any form of contract to any contractor and/or associated companies, subcontractor or agent.
Please note that this is not an invitation to tender Full tendering procedure will be provided only to contractors that have been successfully pre-qualified through this advertisement and this may consist of safety / technical audit of facilities/equipment to determine those suitable to provide this services.
4. Submission of pre-qualification documents
The pre-qualification documents should be sealed and marked “Pre-qualification for Onshore & Offshore Geotechnical Investigation Works” and delivered either by hand or by courier service to reach the address given below not later than
Thursday, 11th February, 2010.
Contracts Manager (Building 7, Rm 10)
Total E & P Nigeria Limited
Plot 25, Trans Amadi Industrial Layout, Port Harcourt
This advertisement is also available as a Public Opportunity at the Nigerian Petroleum Exchange (NipeX) website: www.nipex.com.ngTags: Energy, Government, Government, NipeX