(The Commission) is established as an executive arm of Government under Chapter VI, Part I, Section Bs153 and DI69 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The Commission is responsible for matters of appointment, promotion and discipline within the public Service of the Federation. In the exercise of its responsibilities, the Commission, by this advertisement, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to the position of :
AUDITOR-GENERAL FOR THE FEDERATION.
The Auditor-General for the Federation (AGF) is a Chief Executive Officer of the Federal Government For this key position, the Commission seeks a candidate with vision, good managerial ability, professional competence, discipline, integrity and transparency in public and private life. The candidate should be able to provide Government and the Nigerian people with appropriate advice and support for transparency and accountability in government’s financial transactions,
RESPONSIBILITIY & DUTIES
The AGF is responsible for the Audit of the Accounts of all Accounting Officers and all persons entrusted with the collection, receipt, custody and issue or payment of public monies, stores or other properties of the Government of the Federation and for the certification of the Annual Accounts of the Federal Government.
The Auditor-General for the Federation, in the performance of the duties of the office, shall examine in such manner as deemed fit the accounts relating to public funds and property and shall ascertain whether or not:
- the accounts have been properly kept;
- all public monies have been fully accounted for, and the rules and procedures applied are sufficient to secure an effective check on the assessment, collection and proper allocation of revenue;
- monies have been expended for the purposes for which they were appropriated and the expenditures have been made as authorized; and
- essential records are maintained and the rules and procedures applied are sufficient to safeguard and control public property and funds.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
In order to qualify for the position, the prospective candidate must:
- possess a good honors degree;
- be a professionally qualified Accountant holding membership certificate of a reputable accountancy body recognized by law within and/or outside Nigeria;
- Possess a minimum of 15 years post professional qualification experience, acquired either in the public or private Sector, at least 10 years of which must be in auditing
- have held a position not less than that of a Director in the Public Sector or its equivalence in the Private Sector in an auditing environment for a period not less than three years; and
- must be a Nigerian citizen not above 50 years of age if coming from the Private Sector or have a minimum of two years to retirement if serving in the Public Sector.
SALARY & CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of the Auditor-General for the Federation and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria. In accordance with the provisions of the Civil Service Rules and Regulations, the successful candidate shall hold office Up to the compulsory retirement age of 60 years. Fringe benefits include a pension scheme in consonance with the contributory pension scheme and allowances as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications should be submitted together with 35 copies of Curriculum Vitae stating: Date of Birth, Marital Status, Qualifications, Professional Experience, State of Origin, Names and Addresses of three Referees and Photocopies of all credentials backed with such supporting documents as will assist the Commission in the comprehensive assessment of suitability of the candidate.
Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover with the envelope marked
“POST OF AUDITOR-GENERAL FOR THE FEDERATION” and addressed to.
Federal Civil Service Commission,
3 Abidjan Street,
Zone 3, Wuse,
PMB 17, Garki
Applications are to reach the above address on or before 23rd of June, 2009. Applicants should inform their referees to forward their Confidential Reports to the above address within the same deadline.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.Tags: ABUJA, Accountants, Auditors, Executive Officer, Managers