Rainbow Town Development project is a private public partnership initiative. The project is aimed at regenerating, developing and transforming the existing Rainbow Town estate, situated within Trans Amadi industrial district of Port-Harcourt, into a premium mixed-use urban environment.
Rainbow Town Development Limited, our client, has been appointed as the sole developer of the N40 Billion housing project. As part of efforts to commence full operations and deliver on its mandate, the Company seeks to recruit self-driven, motivated and competent persons to fill the position below:
MANAGING DIRECTOR Ref No: ES00503
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the successful candidate will be responsible for overall management and implementation of the corporate objectives, policies and strategic plans of the Company. The job holder will coordinate and oversee the entire projects and property development activities undertaken by the company, including Rainbow Town Estate project.
Specifically, the successful candidate will:
- Establish current and long-range objectives, plans and policies for the company, as directed and approved by the board of directors.
- Provide leadership and guidance to all projects, from conceptual phase through implementation commissioning and management.
- Ensure delivery of projects within the approved budget and time frame planned without compromising safety and quality
- Ensure that the working capital and long-term financing needs of the company are adequately addressed in support of its operations and activities.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Candidate must possess a good first degree in Civil/Structural Engineering, Architecture, Building Technology or any construction-related discipline from a reputable institution.
- Relevant post-graduate degree(s) in any business-related discipline such as MBA will be an advantage
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years’ relevant work experience, five (5) of which must have been spent in a senior management position
- Excellent project/construction management and planning skills with proven experience working in very challenging environments
- International experience in delivering similar projects will be an advantage
- Knowledge of real estate management, familiarity with contracting process, and liaising with contractors and consultants, Good quantitative skills and strong analytical ability.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environment management, as they relate to estate mapping planning and development
- High level of ethics and integrity
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Strategic orientation and good leadership skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications
Method of Application
To apply, please quote the reference number of the desired position as the subject of your mail and send your most current curriculum vitae (prepared as a Word document, and saved with your full names) to us at email@example.com on or before 1st September, 2009.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Tags: Architects, BSC, Building Technologists, Civil Engineers, Engineering, Estate Management, Managing Director, MBA, Operations