Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below at Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic, Zaria.
Background Information on the Polytechnic
The Polytechnic operates multi campus system thus:|
- Main Campus located at the former UPE Teachers4 College along Zaria- Kaduna express road,
- Annex campus located at the former College of Advanced Studies Gaskiya, Zaria.
- Samaru Kataf Campus located at the former Kaduna State College of Agriculture, Samaru Kataf.
There are presently six Schools and each School is headed by a Director.
Responsibilities for the Office of Rector
The Rector is the Chief Academic and Administrative Officer of the Polytechnic as provided for in Kaduna State Edict No.3 of 1998 (subsequently amended in 2004). In addition to the above, the Rector among other things shall give academic leadership and play an active part in enhancing academic excellence and extending the services of the Polytechnic to Government and Commercial sectors of the economy. Therefore, the Candidate for the post must have a very high sense of dedication to duty, drive, resourcefulness and a person of integrity.
- The applicant shall hold a Minimum of Masters Degree preferably in any of the Science or Technology discipline from a recognized Institution
- Should have at least 15 years post qualification cognate experience or Ph.D plus 12 years post qualification experience.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies will be of advantage.
- Candidates with less than the minimum qualification and experience or who are on salary below H ATISS/CONTISS’ 15 need not apply.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for an initial period of lour (4) years and may be renewed for a second and final term of four (4) years
- The Salary of the Rector is consolidated
- Other fringe benefits are:
a) An Official Car
b) A soft furnished accommodation
c) Security and domestic staff
Method of Application
Candidates should submit fifteen (15) copies of their handwritten application including photocopies of certificates and Curriculum vitae, to the Registrar using the address below, indicating:
- i. Name (Surname first and underlined)
- ii. Date of Birth
- iii. State of Origin and Local Government Area
- iv. Postal address
- v. Marital Status
- vi. Number and date of birth of Children (under 1 8 years)
- Educational Institution^ attended and qualifications with dates
- Working experience with dales (including teaching, administration, research and any other relevant experience)
- ix. Membership of professional bodies
- x. Name and address of present employer. Salary and current status
- xi. Conference Seminars attended with dates and papers presented, if any
- Publications and dates, names of journals and relevant pages,
- Services to Community: State. National and International organisations
- Names and address of three (1 3 ) referees
Candidates will be required to produce the originals of their certificates and other credentials at the interview, photocopies of certificates will not be accepted.
Applications should be submitted in sealed envelope labeled” APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF RECTOR OF NUHU BAMALLI POLYTECHNIC, ZARIA”, Applicants should request their referees to send confidential reports on them direct to the Registrar, Nuhu Bamali Polytechnic P.M.B. 1061, Zaria.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their application s with the accompanying documents to the above address on or before 19th April, 2010.Tags: Education, masters degree, Ph.D, Rector, Sciences, technologists